Maritime History On-line Catalogue

(Print Back button on browser to continue scrolling)

Home New Search View Record List

Title: Chief Engineer's Log Book for the S.S. "Clyde"
Dates: 1948
Location: MF-0289
Physical_Description: 1 bound volume
Restrictions on Access: No restrictions
Adm. Hist/Bio. Sketch: Built in Glasgow, Scotland in 1900, 439 gross tons, official number 111148, owned by the Reid Newfoundland Company, bought by Crosbie and Company in 1948. Her last duty was to provide standby power for the whaling plant in Williamsport, White Bay. On December 17, 1951 the "Clyde" was driven ashore in a gale while laid up at Williamsport, and sank. She was one of the Alphabet Fleet.
Scope and Content: Chief Engineer's Log Book for the S.S. "Clyde", July 28 - September 18, 1948 from St. John's, to Williams Port and St. Anthony, Newfoundland, to Sydney, Nova Scotia, and back to Newfoundland again. Kept by C. Cook, Chief Engineer. A list of other crew members is recorded, including M. Walsh, 2nd Engineer; J. Lush, Fireman; P. Breen, Fireman; G. Jackman, Fireman; G. Masters, Trimmer; and C. Noseworthy, 2nd Engineer.
Terms Governing Use: Copyright expired.
Subject: "Clyde" (Ship)
Subject: Engineer's log books




single pixel single pixel
single pixel

© 2003 - 2005 Maritime History Archive, Memorial University